When to use Topics
Topics will search simultaneously for a set of keywords that make up the Topic. It can search across multiple companies at once (for example your Salesforce accounts or companies on a List you've created).
Here are a couple of use cases that we recommend using Topics for:
- How Topics can be used to prioritize companies based on management priorities
- How Topics can be used to see if competitors are active in your accounts
When to use Explorer
Explorer is a specialized search tool that can search for specific keywords at a single company, multiple companies or across an industry.
An example use case would be viewing in-depth news for a company over the past year.
To do this:
- Navigate to Explorer
- Add the company's name as a search term (Step 1 in screenshot below)
- Search for and select the company in the Companies field (Step 2)
- Select 'Past Year' in the Timeframe field (Step 2)
- Choose the News tab to view news articles (Step 3)
- Choose to sort results by Date or Relevance (Step 4)